- 28-Oct-2015 to 15-Dec-2019 (EST)
- PRS Crisis Link
- Arlington, VA, USA
PRS CrisisLink is looking for empathetic, non-judgmental and caring volunteers to answer our suicide and crisis prevention hotline calls, located in our call center in Arlington, VA.
Our volunteers are committed to saving lives and preventing tragedies. Last year, we handled over 38,000 calls. Thanks to our highly trained volunteers, our crisis and suicide prevention hotlines operate 24/7 to support individuals facing a life crisis or suicide, and connect them to community resources, empowering individuals to help themselves.
PRS CrisisLink volunteers acquire excellent communication and suicide prevention skills that last a lifetime. Volunteers can earn college credit or internship experience, and receive letters of recommendation.
HOTLINE VOLUNTEERS receive 50 hours of intensive small group and on-the-job training to handle crisis calls. Some hotline training sessions are provided online, while others require your attendance at the training center. Please click here to view the upcoming training dates offered. The training includes a 2-Day Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training which is an evidence-based certification training. A training fee of $100 is required and covers the materials provided to each trainee.
For these training sessions, priority will be given to those applicants who are available to cover shifts in our areas of highest need and call volume. Shifts available daytime, evenings and weekends. Please click here to view our available shifts.
Applicants are subject to a screening process and interview.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be willing to meet the challenge by committing to 150 hours of service (with one 3 hour shift per week for one year) after successful completion of training.
- Must attend one refresher training and one in-service training per each year of service.
- Must be able to access reliable transportation to the PRS CrisisLink location in Arlington, VA for your weekly shift.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!